Austrian Society for Musicians’ Medicine
Medicine, Physiology & Psychology for musicians
The Society supports research, knowledge, theory, techniques in context with interdisciplinary interests of the various genres: Music, Medicine, Physiology and Psychology. Especially help for physical and psychological diseases of musicians will be taken into account. This should include improvement of prevention, diagnoses and therapies.
The emphasis is put on cooperation of those who are responsible for education of musicians like teachers skilled in playing musical instruments, singing, scientists, producers of instruments, doctors, dentists, physiotherapists, sports-and music psychologists, „Alexander teachers“, „Feldenkrais professors“, music therapists, ergo therapists etc.
Cooperation with orchestras, professionals and institutions like music schools, conservatories, universities etc.. should be improved. Artists and other similar institutions should be considered as well. Aims of our Society are publication works of specialized knowledge for musicians on one hand, on the other hand special meetings of the different genres and finally research meetings. The OEGfMM aims common purposes and doesn’t gain any benefit.
ÖGfMM Working Teams
Musicians’ Medicine Coordination and taking initiatives of all activities which help the diagnosis, therapy and rehabilitation of musicians (network of all genres).
Music Psychology Coordination and input at all aspects of musical feelings and behaviors plus musical development.
Effect of Music Transfer of knowledge and music effect in daily life and on society; finding connections to other professions, which deal with music and effects of music at different stages in life.
Science and Research Creation of a research platform for coordinating and planning research studies. Planning and commission of topics for thesis, Bachelor, Diploma etc. as well as money request for support.
- Education and Training Improvement of Education of young musicians; prevention of diseases concerning their work; influence on curricula of public and private colleges and institutions; guarantee optimal quality considering education.
* Ao. Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Matthias Bertsch (President)
* Dr. med. Michael Peschka (Vice President)
* Dr. MMag. Mona Smale PGDipTCL (Secretary-General)
* Ao. Univ.-Prof. Dr. Günther Bernatzky (Treasurer)
* Mag. Dorothea Krassnitzer BA (Vice. Treasurer)
* Angela Büche MSc. (Vice Secretary-General)
– Medicine: Dr. med. Sabrina Holzer
– Psychology & Coaching: Angela Büche MSc.
– Physiology: Dr. MMag. Mona Smale
– Science & Research: Univ. Prof. Dr. Christoph Reuter
– Musictherapie: Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Dr. sc. mus. Thomas Stegemann
– Hearing: Mag. Dr. Ulrike Stelzhammer-Reichhardt